Our Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Spotclean Ltd?
We are a Cleaning Company that provides Commercial and Domestic cleaning services to our numerous clients that require a hygienic and organised environment at home and at their work places.
2. What business relationship does Spotclean Ltd have with their Cleaners?
All our Service Providers (Cleaners) are self-employed individuals with at least 3 months experience in the field of domestic and/or commercial cleaning. They take pride in their chosen field of expertise to give high quality service to the delight and satisfaction of our clients. We search, vet their eligibility to work and employ them as independent Cleaners. At Spotclean Ltd, we are a Team of Cleaners.
3. How can I become a Spotclean Service Provider?
Please apply at www.the-spotclean.com by filling out our simple application form. We will then contact you to arrange a meeting.
4. How does Spotclean Ltd Vet their Cleaners/Service Providers?
All our Service Providers are either recommended to us or apply through our website. They then go through our interview process during which we request to see their international passport/eligibility ID, NI Card, proof of address and references from one or two previous employer(s). Only after satisfactory vetting do we enter into agreement with them to provide cleaning services to our clients.
5. How do I book for a clean and do I need to sign a contract?
This is a simple and straight forward process. Please go to www.the-spotclean.com and complete our Booking Form or contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone us on 02071831955 / 07940213394. There’s no contract to sign. You only need to agree to our terms and conditions.
Corporate clients may have to send us an email or telephone to meet with us to discuss the scope and the specification of their clean requirements.
6. How much will Spotclean charge for my clean?
The cleaning cost will normally take into consideration the property size, layout, cleaning frequency, appliance cleaning (Fridge, Freezer, Oven), cleaning supplies and any other client’s special request. No VAT or any hidden charges included. Please see our Charges page on www.the-spotclean.com for more details.
Corporate Clients enjoy at least 20% discount on regular clean that are outsourced to us . This will normally depend on their clean requirements and the volume of the job.
7. How do I pay?
Spotclean Ltd will send you an invoice by email or by post detailing the total cost of the services we have provided to the Client. The Client then pays the total cost shown on the invoice into Spotclean Ltd bank account by on-line bank transfer or cash or by direct payment to our bank account within 72 hours of invoice receipt.
For Corporate Organisations, we will email/post the invoice to the company contact at the end of each week/month. Payment is expected to be remitted into Spotclean Ltd’s bank account within 5days after the date on the invoice or as agreed with the organisation.
8. How do I cancel or amend my booking?
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02071831955 or 07940213394, and we will take care of the amendment or cancellation of your booking accordingly. For administrative reasons, please give us at least 24 hours notice.
9. What cleaning services will my Cleaner provide?
Your Cleaner will provide the following service for a standard clean not in any particular order:
- Wash the sink, dirty dishes and drain
- Wipe exterior of cupboards, shelves, drawers and all surfaces
- Wipe down inside and outside of microwave.
- Dust reachable areas and corners
- Wipe down the exterior part of oven, fridge and freezer and other appliances
- Vacuum and mop the floors
- Remove, empty and clean the bins and replace bin liners.
- Sanitise all surfaces
Bedroom and Open areas
- Wash and wipe all surfaces and all reachable bedroom areas
- Wash and wipe glass surfaces and other fixtures
- Wipe down the drawers and wardrobes
- Dust all reachable areas, wipe all furniture
- Make beds and change the sheets ( if required).
- Hang clothes and fold loose ones
- Vacuum or mop the floors
- Empty the bins and replace bin liners
- Disinfect all surfaces
- Wash and sanitize shower, bathtub and wash hand basins
- Clean, disinfect and wipe the toilet and spray with toilet disinfectant and bleach
- Wipe all surfaces and fixtures
- Mop or vacuum the floor
- Wash and wipe mirrors
- Empty the bin, clean and replace bin liners
- Sanitise all surfaces
Please note: If you require a specialised clean, for example oven or freezer cleaning, please let us know during your booking. This might incur an additional charge. Oven cleaning for example will take a minimum of 2hours to soak prior to actual cleaning for excellent results.
Do I have to be at home during the cleaning?
For the first clean, we strongly recommend that we meet you at the premises. You will be able to show us round and give specific instructions on how you want your cleaning to be done. Also, the cleaner will need to know where your cleaning supplies and equipment are stored. There will be opportunity to show your us any breakable and sensitive items you would want us to handle with care. For subsequent visits, you may agree with us the best method to access your property in your absence. Please be assured that we will take care of your premises even in your absence.
Can I provide a set of keys to my Cleaner?
You can. This will be the Client’s decision and discretion. Spotclean Ltd recommends that an adult has to be on your premises to let the Cleaner in and lock up after the clean. However, for Whole House clean and End of Tenancy clean, we may require the keys to the premises. In these cases, collection and return of the keys will be agreed with client.
12. Who provides the cleaning materials and equipment?
Client may provide all the cleaning materials (multipurpose spray cleaner, disinfectant, sanitiser, floor cleaners etc) required for the cleaning and ready for the our use. For hygiene reasons and to prevent infection, Spotclean Ltd requires that our Clients provide, mops, vacuum cleaners, sweeping brushes etc.
If our Client cannot provide cleaning materials, Spotclean Ltd will add an extra charge of £15-£20 per clean. Our Client will still have to provide the equipment for our regular use. Please let us know if you cannot supply your cleaning materials and equipment. Spotclean Ltd will then make a special arrangement for them.
13. What cleaning supplies do I need to provide for my Cleaner?
Recommended supplies include:
- Kitchen and bathroom spray cleaner
- Oven Spray cleaner
- Bleach /toilet cleaner for the toilet
- Kitchen/bathroom Limescale removal
- Glass/window cleaner
- Floor cleaner depending on the floor surface type
- Suitable spray /polish for dusting surfaces
- Vacuum cleaner
- Steam mop or basic mop/bucket and long broom/ dust pan
- Sponges, wipes, microfibre clothes for cleaning glass and wet surfaces
14. What if I prefer to use your cleaning materials?
No problem. We charge £15-£20 per clean depending on type and scope of the clean you require. You still have to provide the equipment as detailed in ‘12’ above. Please read question and answer ‘12’. However, if you only need a one-off clean we will use our materials and equipment.
15. What cleaning materials will Spotclean use if I can’t provide my materials?
- Multipurpose cleaning spray for kitchen, bathroom, glass and windows
- Toilet disinfectant
- Limescale removal
- Funiture polish for wood furniture/fittings and General purpose polish for dusting surfaces
- Microfibre cloths, wipes
- Floor cleaners
- Spotclean Ltd cleaning materials for bespoke outcome
Our supplies are specially selected cleaning materials used for domestic and commercial purposes
16. What happens if my cleaner is sick or goes on holiday?
Spotclean will promptly provide a suitable replacement. We work as a team at Spotclean Ltd, we would have contacted you about the likely time of holiday for your Cleaner and recommend a potential alternative. We will endeavour to ensure that you are happy with our services to you. In the event of unpredictable time off due to sickness, we will inform you as soon as your service provider contacts us and we will promptly arrange an alternative. We are very professional and we treat our Clients with respect at all times.
17. Can I have a permanent cleaner for my regular clean?
A very loud Yes! As long as you are happy with your cleaner we will ensure he/she always provides your regular cleaning.
18. What if I am not satisfied with my Cleaner’s service?
Please contact us as soon as possible. We will discuss your concerns with your Cleaner at the first instance and ensure the Cleaner improves. If you are still not totally satisfied, we will arrange a replacement without delay. Our objective is to deliver excellent cleaning services and support to our Clients at all times.
19. Can I privately employ my cleaner if I am happy with their service?
Our Clients are not permitted to employ a Cleaner that Spotclean Ltd has supplied to provide cleaning service to them. The Client will be liable for a fee of £500 payable immediately, should the Client breaches this agreement. The Client automatically agrees to pay this fee whether Spotclean Ltd is notified of this action or not. The Client agrees to pay this fee should Spotclean Ltd, our affiliated company or our staff independently discovers our Client’s employment arrangement with Spotclean Ltd service provider. The Client also agrees to pay any fees, including but not limited to legal and/or collection fees we may incur to recover the employment fees.
20. Do you provide insurance against accidental damage?
Spotclean Ltd understands that accidents do happen. If your cleaner damages or breaks an item while providing a cleaning service, please follow the following steps:
21.1 Resolve with your Cleaner: Raise the issue with the Cleaner and try to resolve the matter amicably between the two of you. Spotclean Ltd Cleaners are self employed and they may or may not have insurance.
21.2 Home Insurance: If you cannot come to a resolution directly with the Cleaner, then contact your home insurance provider, you might be able to claim on your home insurance policy.
21.3 Spotclean Ltd: After you have exhausted the two steps above and unsuccessful, then please contact us. We are insured.
21. If I recommend a friend to Spotclean, will I be compensated?
Yes. Spotclean Ltd gives a one time referral Recommendation bonus discount of £10 or 20% for recommending a new Customer to us. To qualify, the recommended Customer must book regular cleaning service with Spotclean Ltd. The payment will be made in kind to the referral after the new client has booked their second clean with us. So, the more clients you recommend to us the more your bonus.
22. What days of the week do you attend to Customers?
We attend to our Customers from Monday to Saturday. We are open from 6am to 9pm. We rest on Sundays.
Please read out Service Terms and conditions for more information.
Thank you for your custom!