Privacy & Policy
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Spotclean Limited collects and processes your personal data through your use of our services and our website, Email and Phone, including any data you may provide through this website when you request or book for our cleaning service or give a review or testimonial and other related communications.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with our terms of service for specific matters when we are collecting or processing personal data about you or your organisation so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
Spotclean Ltd website and services are owned and controlled by Spotclean Ltd referred to as ‘Spotclean/we/our/us, incorporated in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 09037341. Registered office is at 50 Cambridge Road, Barking. Essex IG11 8FG.
Spotclean Ltd is the main controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Spotclean”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: Spotclean Limited
Name or title of Data Protection Officer: Data Protection Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 02071831955
For the purpose of Article 5 of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective 25 May 2018 together with the new Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), Spotclean Ltd is commited to protecting personal data through the following ICO Guidelines:
Personal data shall be:
(a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
(b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
(c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
(d) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
(e) kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals;
(f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Personal Data and Personal Information Administration by Spotclean Ltd
- Spotclean Ltd will not intentionally collect personal information data from a person under the age of 18 unless supervised by a parent or guardian.
- When you require Spotclean Ltd service, we may request you to provide certain information by filling in forms on our site (the-spotclean.com) or by email or by phone. The personal data we may request depends on whether you are a potential customer or job applicant. This may include your name, address, Bank details, date of birth, nationality, gender, telephone number, DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) and other relevant information to enable us process your application or request.
- The information you provide may be stored on our computer systems or written down and the data will be used to carry out your instructions or requests.
- A record of Information by emails, text messages and other electronic correspondences may be kept for future reference.
- Spotclean Ltd will not pass your information to any third party for marketing purposes. We may request for a feedback or a testimonial from you as related to your satisfaction on services we have provided to you, which we might request your consent to display on our website.
- We may use the information you provide us to administer your service relationship with us. For example, we may provide relevant information to our Independent Cleaners to locate where to provide a service and who to provide the service to.
- Your information may be used to process your order, to raise invoices for our services and for payments for our services as agreed with you.
- We may record the details of your visits to our site which may include but not limited to browser usage, blogs, location data, traffic, operating system, web rating, frequency of visits, communication data, FAQs and our resources that you access.
- We may use the information you provide us to contact you by telephone (mobile/land), Email, post, SMS text messages or any other means of communication at our disposal. We may record calls for training or quality control purposes.
- Spotclean may engage the services of payment providers to administer and process your bank and card payments or set up Direct debit mandate for automatic invoice payments as applicable. Please be aware that your information may be stored and processed using third party technology systems on our behalf for example Banks and other accounting systems like Gocardless.
- We may also collect information about your computer systems including your IP address, browser, operating systems for system administration purposes but will not identify any individual. This may be used to collate statistical data about our users’ browser and patterns to improve our website services.
- When we engage a new Independent Cleaner, we may pass the personal information the Cleaner provided to us for identity verification and crime prevention. Upon request, we may also disclose personal data that we hold following your consent, relating to you to the police or any other regulatory/enforcement or government agencies should there be any suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
Spotclean Ltd will treat all your personal information and data you provide with respect and in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable care to ensure that we protect your personal information and not to make any misrepresentation of facts.
Spotclean Ltd has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to the manager in charge and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
|Record Type||Retention Period||Storage Media|
|Job Applications||6 Months||Electronic/paper|
|Cleaning Quote Information||24 Months||Electronic/paper|
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.